We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC in Qatar for
Head of Quality
The NFE Onshore Head of Quality EPC1 B is responsible to ensure the effective implementation of the Project Quality program at the EPC Contractor’s home office (TBA) and construction site at Ras Laffan. The Head of Quality EPC1 B maintains a close working relationship with the Contractor’s quality team including any high value engineering centres and provides input to the quality program for execution of site work associated with the Utilities and Water Treatment facilities.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Develops and/or approves Procurement and Construction Surveillance Programs per the Project Quality Plan (PQP) and supports Engineering Surveillance Program.
- Monitors the effective oversight of Contractors Engineering, Procurement and Construction quality efforts
- Establishes Company surveillance assessment schedules and ensures assessments are conducted timely in manner.
- Coordinates and participates in Engineering, Procurement and Construction phase Quality Audits and verification of follow-up activities.
- Provides leadership and support to the Quality and Information Management Team
- Provides input to the Organization Planning to ensure coverage of all work areas
- Establishes, conducts and records project-specific quality orientation & training
- Reviews & approves Contractor’s Project Quality Plans & procedures
- Reviews & approves Contractor’s internal & external quality audit schedules
- Reviews & approves Contractor’s Quality personnel assigned to the project
- Ensures appropriate personnel review & approve deliverables of EPC Contractor & any sub-contractors (e.g., Plans, ITPs, etc)
- Monitors and measures Contractor’s quality performance.
- Stewards resolution of quality issues and or elevates to PQM as required
- Interfaces with Procurement Quality Specialists to verify Vendor quality for Equipment and Materials
- Applies extensive hands-on, industry-based experience & knowledge to promote & establish existing systems, processes & procedures within a structured quality framework
- Manages the implementation of Quality and IM solutions in a timely & cost-effective manner that compliments safety, cost & schedule
- Promotes and monitors key processes such as Deficiency Reporting, Specification Deviation, Non-conformance reporting and Corrective Action reporting etc. and ensures Contractors contractual compliance
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate quality at project & functional level
- Persuasive management attributes are essential across all levels of the organization with an ability to establish & maintain genuine & responsive relationships
- Effective team player who collaborates well with others
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity in dealing with all parties and communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written reporting
- Ensures COMPANY Lessons Learned are implemented and verified
Required Experience / Qualifications
- 15 years’ experience with Quality Management Programs and Quality Control activities for execution of mega projects in the Oil & Gas Construction Industry.Preferred: Associates Engineering or Engineering degree Metallurgical, Welding, Mechanical or Science
- Experience with multi-national contractors & vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of LNG Plants and facilities.
- Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects
- Experienced in facilitating & coordinating efforts to troubleshoot project issues.
- Experience with conducting audits and assessments of work processes and procedures.
Experience with LNG plant construction including pneumatic testing, preservation procedures and flange management
Experience10 - 15 Years