- The position is deputized to the EPC-1 Project Manager and is responsible for the EPCC management of a dedicated area of the PLANT. The position required Project Management skills and experience.
- Take leadership during the tendering, clarifications and evaluation phases including internal coordination within the PMT and with support teams (e.g. Legal and Supply) to prepare responses to Tenderers’ clarification requests. Coordinate internal meetings as required and maintain a good filing system for tender correspondence.
- Actively participate in the EPC-1 technical (unpriced) bid evaluation for assigned area of responsibility. Provide overall leadership across the various disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Construction, Procurement, SHE, Business, Interfaces) during the evaluation to identify gaps in evaluation coverage, develop the Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats (SWOT) analysis, provide status reporting and flag up potential issues to PMT Leadership for resolution. Provide gap coverage for evaluation areas that are lagging.
- Provide coordination with Business Group to support completion of the COMPANY ITEMS within his area of responsibilities tendering and clarification process, support development of technical bid evaluations for approval by QG and QP Management and support novation of the COMPANY ITEMS to the selected EPC-1 Contractor,
- Project technical assistance, project engineering and management coordination or leadership as required.
- Provide project management support and assistance for the update of the EPC-1 ITT package to the EPC Contract format.
Key Job Accountabilities
Proven experience with similar large and complex EPC contracts as Engineering Manager or Senior Project Engineer, Delivery Package Manager or Area Manager.
Key Result Areas:
- Provides visible safety leadership in offices and at site (as may be needed) through active participation in the NFE Project Onshore Safety Program.
- Responsible to coordinate, expedite and execute timely completion of the EPC-1 tendering phase through evaluation, technical bid recommendation and award,
- Responsible to coordinate, expedite and executive timely completion of the LLIs as COMPANY ITEMS for novation to the selected EPC-1 Contractor.
- Assists the EPC-1 Project Manager(s) in order to ensure timely completion of QG Project Management System Gate 3 deliverables required prior to Final Investment decision and coordinates Gate 3 IPR activities.
- Responsible and accountable for the whole EPC scope of its area of responsibility: Process warm section, Process Cold section, Utilities, Off-sites.
- Assists the EPC-1 Project Managers in the mentoring of young Qatari Engineers during the tendering, evaluation and recommendation phase for the EPC-1 package and the COMPANY Items.
Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Works in a project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performances by creating a culture that encourages everyone to perform their best every day on every task.
- Works in a highly visible project environment with large capital exposure for EPC Tenderers, then Contractor working as a JV and significant schedule execution pressures.
- Works effectively within established procedures and participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
- Works in a dynamic team environment that has high expectations for flawless project execution in safety, quality, cost and schedule performances, which requires the incumbent to demonstrate capacity to take workload, work with accuracy, initiative and have the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
- Demonstrates willingness to tackle a variety of tasks in response to evolving business needs.
- Demonstrates willingness to take leadership in coordinating with many stakeholders such as but not limited to: offshore team, QP, RLIC and QG and other NFE Project Work Packages as EPC-2, 3 and 4.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Interfaces with various project team members on resolving related issues that requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Exhibits strong team leadership and collaboration skills, integrity, interpersonal understanding, self-confidence, and fairness.
- Effective team player who collaborates well with others including with EPC-1 Tenderers and selected EPC-1 Contractor.
- Communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written documents including emails, position papers, decision records and presentation.
- Has strong ability to influence others who are not in his direct control to achieve project objectives.
- Undertakes complex tasks and acts as a source of guidance for staff and internal customers. Candidate is expected to handle all but the most complex problems and difficulties that might arise, while reporting to the EPC-1 Project Manager(s).
- Ability to identify problems quickly and determine root cause and develop plan to mitigate or resolve problem.
- Ability to utilize a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution.
- Takes initiative based on experience to deliver timely results.
- Sets situations / issues in the context of the entire team and has an appreciation of the wider relationships with other people and organizations.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Full autonomy and initiative over scheduling and planning of own work within his area of responsibility; organizes and drives efforts of various work groups internal and external to the NFE Onshore Project to achieve overall efficiency.
- Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Minimum twenty years (20) of experience.
- Demonstrates sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experience with major and first tier EPC Contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry, experience with large LNG projects would be a must.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Capabilities to take workload and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor degree in engineering/project management.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- More than 20 years in Project Engineering and Management, including for large and complex EPC contracts.
- Experience with multi-cultural type projects.
- Experience with LNG Projects.
Technical and Business Skills
- Technical background as a discipline engineer and experience as a Project Engineer, Senior Project Engineer with solid execution experience, including commissioning and completion.
Experience15 + Years