Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
Edison International Academy - Doha
Edison International Academy is in need of qualified teachers in the following positions;
- IGCSE/AS/A Level Sociology
- IGCSE/AS/A Level Environmental Management
- IGCSE/AS/A Level Business Studies
- IGCSE/AS/A Level Biology/Human Biology
- IGCSE/AS/A Level Physics
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must have at least 2 yrs. experience as a teacher
- Fluent English speaker (native speakers will be given preference).
- B.Ed / Bachelors Degree
- Should have experience with the British National Curriculum
- The Maximum Age Limit is 48 yrs. old
- Teaching all areas of the primary curriculum;
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils;
- Organizing the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintaining discipline;
- Preparing and marking work to facilitate positive pupil development;
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a pupil’s progress at parents’ evenings and other meetings;
- Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Working with others to plan and coordinate work;
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Organizing and taking part in school events, outings, and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly in smaller schools;
- Working with parents to maximize their involvement in the school and the development of resources for the school;
- Meeting with other professionals such as educational psychologists, if required.
- Under the health and safety regulations, all staff members have the responsibility to operate in a manner that ensures the health and safety of students and staff are maintained.
- To run or to be involved in the delivery of an extracurricular activity (at least once per week) to include after-school clubs, games, and other suitable activities.
- The assigned task has to be completed and implemented at a specific time.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Teaching: 2 years (Required)